As we continue to face uncertainty as a community due to COVID-19 and the social distancing guidelines passed down from the federal, state, and local leadership, our team at Parker Dentistry has realized the continued importance of strong and on-going relationships.
We want you to know that we are here for you! With that in mind, we will be re-opening and phasing out care on May 11!
Very soon, members of our team will be reaching out to patients who have had to cancel their appointments due to the shut down as well as patients who are currently scheduled in the up-coming months to confirm new appointments that promote social distancing mandates and protect our most vulnerable.
What to expect as you come back:
1. Screening of all patients by questionnaire for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 prior to scheduling appointment and day of appointment.
2. Patients will be asked to call office once they arrive in parking lot for their appointment. They will either be met by staff in the parking lot or instructed to come into office to have temperature taken and re-screened. If any signs or symptoms of COVID-19, patient will be rescheduled, sent home, and advised to contact their physician.
3. Complete and updated medical history will need to be completed prior to appointment.
4. All team members and doctors will record their temperature and any symptoms before the start of each day and maintain social distancing when feasible.
5. Patient will be taken directly into treatment rooms and not wait in reception area. There will be no magazines as they are difficult to clean.
6. Patients must wear mask to be taken into office and treatment rooms. Patients can wash hands with hand sanitizer where available at office. All materials patient will be required to handle (i.e. pens) will be disinfected.
7. Accompanying rides or caregivers will be asked to wait in their cars.
8. Acrylic barriers are placed at front desk to shield any transmission.
9. Doctors, assistants, and hygienists will wear appropriate PPE including appropriate N-95 and level 3 masks, safety glasses, face shields, gloves and gowns.
10. All instruments are heat pressure sterilized as per CDC/OSHA guidelines.
11. Commonly touched areas will be disinfected throughout the day.
12. Operatory chairs and light handles etc. are covered in protective wraps. Operatories are wiped down with high-level disinfectant. We will, as always, continue to follow the strictest and best sterilization/disinfection protocols.
13. All patients will rinse with hydrogen peroxide solution, which is proven to inactivate the coronavirus on contact.
14. High volume evacuators will be used when indicated.
15. Air filtration units will be placed in each of the operatories and throughout the office.
16. Limited use of Cavitron UltraSonic cleaners for dental hygiene appointments to reduce aerosol production.
17. Staggered and reserved appointments for at risk patients to minimize contact and reduce exposure risk.
18. Installation of UV Light Disinfectants into AC units to filter air and reduce contaminants.
YOUR SAFETY IS OUR FIRST PRIORITY
Drs. Blake and Steve Parker and Staff