Posts for tag: whitening
What causes your teeth to be less than a sparkling shade of pearly white? There are multiple factors that play into the current color of your teeth. Genetics, age, smoking, certain foods and drinks, certain antibiotics, and even excessive teeth grinding can contribute to the yellowing of your smile. Fortunately, being a general, family, and cosmetic dental practice, we have the expertise, the tools, the resources, the products, and the advice to help you get your smile back on the white spectrum.
Did you know that your smile is one of the first things that another person notices about you? Did you know that when you smile it is likely to cause someone else to smile? Did you know that a face makes a smile and a smile makes a face? (ok, ok, that’s our motto at Parker Dentistry Facial Rejuvenation and Wellness, but it’s true!) Last one, did you know that Americans spend an average of $1.4 billion a year on teeth whitening products according to the National Institute of Teeth Whitening?
Some of the easiest pieces of advice that we can offer to you in regard to helping fight stains and brighten up your smile is through your diet, oral hygiene practices, and lifestyle choices. We also have an incredible and affordable in-office whitening treatment to amp-up that wow factor in your smile!
Eat more of these:
Drink more of this:
Give up this:
- Sugary drinks
Do more of this:
- Brush your teeth
- Floss your teeth
- Brush your tongue
- Rinse with mouthwash
- Come in bi-annually for a professional deep teeth cleaning
- Zoom Whitening (check your email for this week’s incredible Zoom Whitening promotion!)
- The new, revolutionary tooth whitening system that can erase years from your looks in a single 90-minute visit. Zoom whitening, developed by Philips, is the #1 patient-requested professional whitening treatment, capable of safely brightening your teeth by up to eight shades. In fact, it's the #1 patient-requested professional whitening treatment, owing to even results, amazing convenience and minimal tooth sensitivity following the treatment.
Zoom whitening doesn't require trays, wearing strips for days or other hassles. All we do is apply Zoom whitening gel to your teeth during the appointment, and activate it using a special Zoom light for three 15-minute sessions. The advanced gel gently penetrates the sub-micron pores of tooth enamel to break down stains and eliminate years of discoloration.
Stay tuned this upcoming month as we celebrate National Facial Protection Month, National Alcohol Awareness Month, Defeat Diabetes Month, and National Humor Month…all happening in April!
What is the first thing that you notice when you meet someone for the first time? Close to 50% of people say that the first thing that they notice when they first meet someone is their smile (eyes came in second). Your smile is worth more than a thousand words. It is your smile that not only makes your more attractive, but more approachable, more inviting, and more confident. When we feel good about our smile, we are more likely to smile; and they say that smiles are contagious. So, how can you ensure that your smile is always sparkling?
- Proper daily oral hygiene practices are key to maintaining a healthy mouth and sparkling smile. You should brush and floss your teeth at least twice a day. Bacteria in your mouth thrives on food particles and residue left behind from what you eat and drink throughout the day. When you fail to remove what’s left behind from your meals, you are putting your gums and teeth at great risk. The simple practice of brushing and flossing will help you to maintain healthier gums, whiter and stronger teeth, and better breath. Scraping your tongue and using mouthwash are also two great additions to your daily oral hygiene practices.
- Don’t skip out on your biannual cleanings. You should have your teeth professionally cleaned and assessed at least twice a year. It is much easier to treat problems such as gum disease and cavities in the beginning stages. This is a big part of taking care of your smile. Plus there is not better clean than a professional cleaning!
- Maintain a healthy diet. What you eat and drink plays a huge part in not only your oral health, but also your overall health. Calcium and vitamin C are especially good for your teeth and gums. Make sure that you eat plenty of dark greens like kale, spinach, and broccoli, and citrus to get sufficient calcium and vitamin C. It is also a very good idea to avoid overly sugary foods and drinks. There is nothing beneficial about soda!
- Treat yourself to some cosmetic dentistry. There are so many different whitening products on the market these days and at Parker Dentistry Facial Rejuvenation and Wellness, we carry only the best. Whitening your teeth, whether in-office or with a take-home method, will not only make your smile really sparkle, but will make you appear younger, more radiant, and more likely to flash those pearly whites for the world. We also do Invisalign, which is a simple and practically invisible method for straightening out your smile. We have the tools, resources, and expertise to help you make your smile the best it can possibly be!
At Parker Dentistry Facial Rejuvenation and Wellness, we make your holiday shopping easy! We offer products and services that will help that special someone (or yourself) start the year off right. What’s better than the gift of health, a bright white smile, a radiant face, the perfect red lips, or a set of handmade and unique bracelets? There are so many great options for pretty much anyone on your nice list this year. Last week, we provided a guide to our facial rejuvenation and wellness section of the practice. Now, take a look at what else we have in stock this holiday season.
Philips Zoom Professional Whitening: At Parker Dentistry Facial Rejuvenation and Wellness we offer three different options for teeth whitening. Giving the gift of a fresh, pearly white and sparkling smile is priceless!
•Zoom WhiteSpeed is an in-office whitening procedure that uses advanced blue LED technology to whiten your teeth up to eight shades lighter in just 45 minutes. In just one office visit, you will experience dramatic results.
•Zoom DayWhite is an at-home whitening treatment. The user will wear the trays for fifteen minutes a day for two weeks. There is also a formula for sensitive teeth. You won’t be disappointed with your new healthy white smile
•Zoom Whitening Pen: This is an excellent product for touch-ups. Simply twist the end of the pen and paint on the whitening formula directly onto teeth.
Sonicare Toothbrush: The Sonicare electric toothbrush is a highly recommended and researched backed product that is one of the best ways to keep stains off of your teeth and from yellowing your smile. This is a toothbrush that the Parker Dentistry team completely endorses and believes should be a part of everyone’s oral hygiene routine. This toothbrush removes 10 times more plaque than a manual toothbrush, improves gum health in only two weeks, and helps keep your smile bright.
JuicePlus+: “Juice Plus+ is whole food based nutrition, including juice powder concentrates from 30 different fruits, vegetables and grains. Juice Plus+ helps bridge the gap between what you should eat and what you do eat every day. Not a multivitamin, medicine, treatment or cure for any disease, Juice Plus+ is made from quality ingredients carefully monitored from farm to capsule to provide natural nutrients your body needs to be at its best.” Juice Plus+ is a company that Parker Dentistry Facial Rejuvenation and Wellness fully stands behind and represents. Honi has been a Juice Plus+ representative for twenty-one years, and now Dr. Blake is also a representative. They are always willing to share their wealth of information regarding the product and how to get started. Check out the website www.parker.juieplus.com for more information.
Marbella Creations Jewelry: Marbella Creations is a Costa Rican based gypsy/bohemian/yogi/beachy style sea glass and natural stone jewelry company. The focus this year has been on mixed bracelet sets and long mala-inspired necklaces. Each piece of jewelry is completely unique and made with love. All of the sea glass is hand collected from places like Costa Rica, France, Spain, and Morocco. The beads that are used in each design are typically made of beautiful agates or other high quality natural stones. Parker Dentistry Facial Rejuvenation and Wellness receives small shipments throughout the year. They are on display and for sale at the front desk. Just ask Honi.
We offer gift certificates for all services, including teeth whitening and facial rejuvenation services and products.
We hope that these two guides will help make your holiday shopping a little bit easier. Don’t forget to treat yourself too. You deserve it!
Thank you for sharing a smile with us this week!
A smile is an accessory that you should always carry with you. Your smile is unique to your personality and your way of expressing positive emotions to the world around you. It is surprising though how many people don’t embrace this simple gesture. One of the reasons might be because they are unhappy with their smile.
There are many possible reasons why one might be unhappy with their smile. Two very common reasons are the color and straightness of one’s teeth. According to www.nationalsmilemonth.org, 48% of the population is unhappy with their teeth and 64% of those people are unhappy because of the color of their teeth.
There are all different types of teeth stains and causes. Sometimes our teeth appear yellow or dull because of genetics, while other times it is related to the lifestyle choices that we make over time. Red wine, smoking, tea, soda, and other food and beverages can be the culprit for those less than pearly white teeth. There is no reason that one should have to live with a smile that doesn’t reflect his or her true self. We all deserve to be happy, confident, and proud to smile.
Fun Facts about smiling from www.nationalsmilemonth.org
- It takes 43 muscles to frown but only 17 to smile.
- A smile is on the top of that list of things we first notice when meeting a new person.
- On a night out, 80% of us would be more likely to talk to somebody we didn’t know if their smiled at us.
- Teeth and smiles are rated the second most important attractive feature after personality.
At Parker Dentistry Facial Rejuvenation and Wellness, one of our missions is to help you achieve the smile that will keep you smiling. Remember, a smile is contagious and the more you smile, the more likely others around you will too. You are doing a great service to humanity by just performing the simple act of smiling. So, what do you do if you are unhappy with the color of your teeth?
Parker Dentistry offers a line of Zoom Whitening products for in-office treatment, at-home treatment, and for touch ups. The Zoom Whitening system is one that all of the Parkers personally use and stand behind. All of the products that are offered in the office are ones that the Parker Dentistry team believes to be the best on the market.
Let’s take a look at what some of your teeth whitening options are:
- Zoom WhiteSpeed is an in-office whitening procedure that uses advanced blue LED technology to whiten your teeth up to eight shades lighter in just 45 minutes. In just one office visit, you will experience dramatic results.
- Zoom DayWhite is an at-home whitening treatment. The user will wear the trays for fifteen minutes a day for two weeks. There is also a formula for sensitive teeth. You won’t be disappointed with your new healthy white smile!
- Zoom Whitening Pens: This is an excellent product for touch-ups. Simply twist the end of the pen and paint on the whitening formula directly onto teeth.
- The Sonicare electric toothbrush is a highly recommended and researched backed product that is one of the best ways to keep stains off of your teeth and from yellowing your smile. This is a toothbrush that the Parker Dentistry team completely endorses and believes should be a part of everyone’s oral hygiene routine. This toothbrush removes 10 times more plaque than a manual toothbrush, improves gum health in only two weeks, and helps keep your smile bright.
There are whitening options for every lifestyle, budget, and smile concern. Another added bonus of brightening up your smile is that it can help erase years from your physical appearance! Let your smile brighten up the world!
Thanks for sharing a smile with us this week!