Posts for tag: websites
One of the best things that you can do for your overall health and wellness is be informed. The more you know, the better suited you will be to make decisions and choices that will benefit you from the inside out. Ignorance is not bliss. We are awarded this one body for the entirety of our lives and it is our complete responsibility to take care of it if we expect it to take care of us.
Fortunately, we live in a day and age where anything that we want to know or learn we can access with a few little clicks on a keyboard. Because Parker Dentistry Facial Rejuvenation and Wellness cares so much about your health and wellness, we have composed a list of our top six online resource choices to help you stay in the know about oral health, general health, and wellness and lifestyle topics, trends, research, and tips.
Parker Dentistry Blog
The aim of the Parker Dentistry blog is to provide short weekly articles on important topics relating to oral health and hygiene, cosmetic and family dentistry, facial rejuvenation and anti-aging, nutrition and Juice Plus+, mindfulness and yoga, and healthy lifestyle choices and practices. We try to keep our content short, sweet, inspiring, and informative. We have hundreds of archived articles that you can look through if there is a specific topic that you are interested in learning more about.
MouthHealthy by the American Dental Association
This easy-to-navigate dental website has information on all topics relating to oral health and hygiene. You can find useful and applicable information about nutrition, specific symptoms and conditions, ADA approved and sealed products, life stages of the mouth, and even a dental visit FAQ. They also offer great tips for keeping yours and your family’s mouth in excellent health..
Oral Care Guide by Colgate
Colgate has organized several different oral care guides on their website. This simple and to the point site has some great tips about how to take care of your teeth and your mouth. You can also find concise information on different conditions, diseases, procedures, cosmetic dentistry options, and products to help you and your family keep those pearly whites sparkling.
Well+Good is a great website to check in with regularly. This website has a wealth of inspiring and beautifully created content relating to wellness, fitness, nutrition, home, travel, mental health, and healthy lifestyle choices. The articles are engaging, informative, and offer wonderful advice, tips, and resources for leading your best and healthiest life.
Greatist is filled with amazing articles about food, fitness, body, life, and products. This is a website where you can find delectable and healthy recipes, the latest and greatest products, motivating stories, how-to’s, self-esteem boosters, embarrassing questions answered, and even some helpful relationship advice. All things health and wellness can be found on this inviting website.
Healthline is a very informative but not bland or boring comprehensive health and wellness website. The site is sectioned into A-Z topics, life, beauty, oral health, weight loss, food, fitness, and news. This site is fantastic when you are curious about a specific health or wellness topic, as well as for just browsing through their entertaining and informative articles.
There is no doubt that we live in the age of technology. While many of us were born in a time when no one had cell phones, tablets, and personal computers, today’s kids, teenagers, and young adults know only of a life where everyone is connected through technology and information is literally at the tips of the fingers. The way we learn has evolved because of the way that information is now readily and immediately accessible. While there are obvious downsides to the fact that everyone, even young children, are constantly on some sort of smart device, when used properly and monitored, the Internet has a wealth of valuable resources, games, and apps that can help teach important lessons and life skills to children and teenagers.
Parker Dentistry is an advocate for more than just teeth. We want our patients of all ages to be healthy from the inside out. Here are our top seven recommendations for interactive, engaging, and fun websites that are appropriate for young children and teenagers to learn about important oral health, wellness, nutrition, safety, and growing-up topics.
- BAM! Body and Mind https://www.cdc.gov/bam/: This interactive comic book-inspired site that is hosted by the Center for Disease Control is great for kids from the ages of 9 to 12. BAM! helps teach kids about nutrition, physical activity, stress, safety, and diseases. They even have an “Ask a Scientist” comic book series that is part of the site.
- Discovery Kids-The Yuckiest Site on the Internet https://discoverykids.com: This site is super fun! Through games and interactive activities, kids can learn all about the human body and bodily functions, including barfs, burps, and farts. There is an “Ask Wendell” feature where kids can ask questions that they are curious about.
- Girl’s Health https://www.girlshealth.gov: For girls between the ages of 10 and 16, there are a lot of changes that take place in the body, as well as a lot of issues that are likely to come up in their lives. This amazing site helps provide the information, support, and encouragement girls in this age group really need, including information and tips about nutrition, fitness, relationships, feelings, bullying, safety, drugs, drinking, and body issues.
- Nourish Interactive http://www.nourishinteractive.com: Nourish Interactive is a wonderful site that teaches kids all about nutrition and the importance of eating healthy in a fun and hands-on way. Through stories, food pyramid games, word games, and chef games, kids can start to develop healthy eating and drinking habits, which will help them significantly as they continue to grow up.
- Food Champs https://foodchamps.org: It is never too early to start instilling healthy eating habits in your children. With obesity at an all-time high, it is especially important to teach healthy habits from a very young age. Food Champs offers games, puzzles, and other interactive activities for children as young as two. There are even printable coloring pages and activities if you want to limit your child’s screen time.
- Mouth Healthy Kids https://www.mouthhealthykids.org/en: Sponsored by the American Dental Association, this fantastic website has tons of activity sheets, games, quizzes, videos, coloring pages, and even printable brushing calendars with will help keep your children accountable for their daily oral hygiene.
- PBS Kids Healthy Habits http://pbskids.org/games/healthy-habits/: This colorful, easy-to-use, animated, and diverse children’s website helps teach children about all different health and wellness topics through very creative games and activities.