Posts for tag: smile
What causes your teeth to be less than a sparkling shade of pearly white? There are multiple factors that play into the current color of your teeth. Genetics, age, smoking, certain foods and drinks, certain antibiotics, and even excessive teeth grinding can contribute to the yellowing of your smile. Fortunately, being a general, family, and cosmetic dental practice, we have the expertise, the tools, the resources, the products, and the advice to help you get your smile back on the white spectrum.
Did you know that your smile is one of the first things that another person notices about you? Did you know that when you smile it is likely to cause someone else to smile? Did you know that a face makes a smile and a smile makes a face? (ok, ok, that’s our motto at Parker Dentistry Facial Rejuvenation and Wellness, but it’s true!) Last one, did you know that Americans spend an average of $1.4 billion a year on teeth whitening products according to the National Institute of Teeth Whitening?
Some of the easiest pieces of advice that we can offer to you in regard to helping fight stains and brighten up your smile is through your diet, oral hygiene practices, and lifestyle choices. We also have an incredible and affordable in-office whitening treatment to amp-up that wow factor in your smile!
Eat more of these:
Drink more of this:
Give up this:
- Sugary drinks
Do more of this:
- Brush your teeth
- Floss your teeth
- Brush your tongue
- Rinse with mouthwash
- Come in bi-annually for a professional deep teeth cleaning
- Zoom Whitening (check your email for this week’s incredible Zoom Whitening promotion!)
- The new, revolutionary tooth whitening system that can erase years from your looks in a single 90-minute visit. Zoom whitening, developed by Philips, is the #1 patient-requested professional whitening treatment, capable of safely brightening your teeth by up to eight shades. In fact, it's the #1 patient-requested professional whitening treatment, owing to even results, amazing convenience and minimal tooth sensitivity following the treatment.
Zoom whitening doesn't require trays, wearing strips for days or other hassles. All we do is apply Zoom whitening gel to your teeth during the appointment, and activate it using a special Zoom light for three 15-minute sessions. The advanced gel gently penetrates the sub-micron pores of tooth enamel to break down stains and eliminate years of discoloration.
Stay tuned this upcoming month as we celebrate National Facial Protection Month, National Alcohol Awareness Month, Defeat Diabetes Month, and National Humor Month…all happening in April!
What is the first thing that you notice when you meet someone for the first time? Close to 50% of people say that the first thing that they notice when they first meet someone is their smile (eyes came in second). Your smile is worth more than a thousand words. It is your smile that not only makes your more attractive, but more approachable, more inviting, and more confident. When we feel good about our smile, we are more likely to smile; and they say that smiles are contagious. So, how can you ensure that your smile is always sparkling?
- Proper daily oral hygiene practices are key to maintaining a healthy mouth and sparkling smile. You should brush and floss your teeth at least twice a day. Bacteria in your mouth thrives on food particles and residue left behind from what you eat and drink throughout the day. When you fail to remove what’s left behind from your meals, you are putting your gums and teeth at great risk. The simple practice of brushing and flossing will help you to maintain healthier gums, whiter and stronger teeth, and better breath. Scraping your tongue and using mouthwash are also two great additions to your daily oral hygiene practices.
- Don’t skip out on your biannual cleanings. You should have your teeth professionally cleaned and assessed at least twice a year. It is much easier to treat problems such as gum disease and cavities in the beginning stages. This is a big part of taking care of your smile. Plus there is not better clean than a professional cleaning!
- Maintain a healthy diet. What you eat and drink plays a huge part in not only your oral health, but also your overall health. Calcium and vitamin C are especially good for your teeth and gums. Make sure that you eat plenty of dark greens like kale, spinach, and broccoli, and citrus to get sufficient calcium and vitamin C. It is also a very good idea to avoid overly sugary foods and drinks. There is nothing beneficial about soda!
- Treat yourself to some cosmetic dentistry. There are so many different whitening products on the market these days and at Parker Dentistry Facial Rejuvenation and Wellness, we carry only the best. Whitening your teeth, whether in-office or with a take-home method, will not only make your smile really sparkle, but will make you appear younger, more radiant, and more likely to flash those pearly whites for the world. We also do Invisalign, which is a simple and practically invisible method for straightening out your smile. We have the tools, resources, and expertise to help you make your smile the best it can possibly be!
Should you decide that you want to straighten your teeth, it is valuable to know about your options. Straightening your teeth or closing a gap doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to get braces. A lot of people opt not to fix their smiles because, as an adult, they don’t want braces. At Parker Dentistry Facial Rejuvenation and Wellness, we offer Invisalign, which can be a great option for a variety of cases.
Invisalign is a way to straighten your teeth using clear and custom-made plastic aligners. You will receive a series of aligners (the amount depends on the severity of your case), which you will wear for a minimal of 22 hours a day and change out every two weeks. You remove your aligners when you are eating or drinking (except for with water). Once the aligners are in, they are virtually invisible! Invisalign makes is possible to straighten your teeth without feeling self-conscious.
Invisalign, unfortunately, is not for everyone. In order for your aligners to do what they are designed to do, they must be worn for at least 22 hours a day. For some, it is easier to just have something permanent in place so that you don’t have this responsibility. Also, for more extensive cases that involve cross bites, malocclusions, severely crooked or overlapping teeth, and flaws relating to jaw alignment, braces are a better and more effective option. Invisalign is best for correcting overbites, under bites, open bites, gapped teeth, and moderately crowded or crooked teeth.
Dr. Blake or Dr. Steve will be able to assess your concerns and issues and point you to the best treatment option. There is no time like the present to fix your smile. Remember, as we discussed last week, fixing your teeth is more than just cosmetic. As we always say, a face makes a smile and a smile makes a face! Let us help you put your best smile out there to the world!
It has been scientifically proven that smiling is one of the simplest and most impactful gestures that one can make. When we smile, it sends signals to our brain to release happy hormones and when we release happy hormones we smile; this is quite a powerful loop. Our childhood selves smiled an average of 400 times a day. As adults, we smile around 20 times a day. Maybe it’s time to reconnect with that contagious ear-to-ear smile we wore almost constantly as five years old.
Our smile has the power to influence our mental and physical health. It has been proven that smiling is linked to reducing stress and cortisol levels, lessening anxiety, strengthening the immune system, decreasing high blood pressure, and even increasing longevity. Frequent smiling also helps to improve mood, boost creativity, increase productivity, improve appearance, and even make you look younger. The best thing about a smile is that it is completely free and belongs 100% to you for the entirety of your life!
On top of all of these positive consequences that follow a smile, your smile actually has the power to help make the world a better place. A smile is contagious. It is rare that you can smile at someone or they can smile at you and a mimicked smile is not returned. Smiling is something that all humans, regardless of age, gender, color, race, religion, or sexual identity, share. It is a completely universal symbol that knows no boundaries. Just think if smiling is so good for us, then it is equally as good for others.
If we all smiled a little bit more, we would all be a little bit healthier, less stressed, and perhaps even a lot happier. The world needs a whole lot of smiles right now and each and every one of us has the innate ability to share one. This movement of sharing smiles has the potential to cross lands, seas, and cultures. Your smile can be the smile that starts the chain to a smile shared on the other side of the world!
Try one out today!
"Be thou rainbow in the storms of life, the evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tint tomorrow with prophetic rays." Lord Bryon
Do you have a big event coming up? Wedding, class reunion, award ceremony, first date, or party? Or do you want to just freshen up your look and boost your confidence a bit? Do you want to turn heads with a pearly white and sparkling smile? Fortunately, there are all different types of whitening options that offer very noticeable results in a short amount of time.
There are multiple reasons why our teeth lose their luster. Discoloration and a lackluster appearance can be the result of genetics, age, certain foods and beverages, and or smoking. Fret not though, regardless of the reason, Parker Dentistry Facial Rejuvenation and Wellness has a solution that is right for you. We have an in-office option, a take-home treatment, a touch up kit, and even help for sensitive teeth.
Philips Zoom Professional Whitening: At Parker Dentistry Facial Rejuvenation and Wellness we offer three different options for teeth whitening.
•Zoom WhiteSpeed is an in-office whitening procedure that uses advanced blue LED technology to whiten your teeth up to eight shades lighter in just 45 minutes. In just one office visit, you will experience dramatic results.
•Zoom DayWhite is an at-home whitening treatment. The user will wear the trays for fifteen minutes a day for two weeks. There is also a formula for sensitive teeth. You won’t be disappointed with your new healthy white smile
•Zoom Whitening Pen: This is an excellent product for touch-ups. Simply twist the end of the pen and paint on the whitening formula directly onto teeth.
On of our favorite products for everyday use is the Sonicare toothbrush. The Sonicare electric toothbrush is a highly recommended and researched backed product that is one of the best ways to keep stains off of your teeth and from yellowing your smile. This is a toothbrush that the Parker Dentistry team completely endorses and believes should be a part of everyone’s oral hygiene routine. This toothbrush removes 10 times more plaque than a manual toothbrush, improves gum health in only two weeks, and helps keep your smile bright.
The combination of eating foods that are beneficial to your oral health, consuming sufficient amounts of water, brushing and flossing at least twice daily, coming in for bi-annual teeth cleanings, and using one of the above whitening treatments, will help to keep your smile bright and radiant all year long. Talk to any of our hygienists or doctors at your next visit to discuss which whitening option is best for you.
As we always say, “a smile makes a face, a face makes a smile!”